Monday, January 12, 2009

rags, riches

I forgot how cranberry extract makes seltzer water do crazy things and had a foamy explosion in the doorway of Maggies studio. This sent me flying down the studio hallway where I discovered an unfortunate shortage of paper towels. This unfortunate shortage, however, very fortunately caused me to remember all of those rags I brought back to San Francisco with me from my parents home in Ithaca. I picked the least interesting one and made it more interesting by using it to sandbag the cranberry flooding happening in Hooper One. This picture is of one of my favorite rags, I think the pattern is so gorgeous and will be fun to draw. I'm buying a ton of paper tomorrow in Oakland and this eradicated towel will probably be the subject of the first drawing I'll start on for the semester.

No comments: