Tuesday, April 21, 2009

but I digress

I realized today that this blog has slowly evolved into more of a showcase of autobiographical photographs when it was begun to showcase anonymous snapshots from a collection I began three years ago and continue to add to. As the school year has wound up I've had more people and event to write about than when I first got here to this new school and community. It seemed to make sense to write about those things. It's time to stop doing what makes sense and get back to my roots. I like to look at other peoples photographs, to hold them in my hand, to examine their backs, to consider them as objects, images and evidence. Some photographs I even love, and it's those that I am most interested in understanding-- this feeling of love evoked by images of strangers. My new catchphrase could be, "The stranger, the better."

No comments: