Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ragamuffin

My friend Morgan has gotten me dog crazy, especially for small to medium sized floppy-haired dogs like thisaone here. I'm in the process of looking for a new place to live and am dreading another month without a place that's mine-all-mine. I did this for the month of August and half of September and it was just awful. When my mother was here she kept asking me where I thought I would be this time next year-- I'm sure to her it seemed like the question she was supposed to ask... but it terrified me because I realized that I was supposed to be able to answer it. Last week I finished Dorothy Allison's short book "Two or Three Things I Know For Sure" and have picked up the habit of stating those two or three slippery things for myself. And so today these things might include wanting to own the dog in this photograph.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

does it have a face?