Saturday, October 10, 2009

the happy couple

My mother and three friends from Portland (Lydia Mann, Maggie Starr and Vanessa Morea!) are in town this weekend for my opening so I've been doing a lot of sightseeing. Today the Portlanders and I woke up and made breakfast, went to the Musee Mechanique at Fisherman's Wharf, ate fish and chips, walked up and down the market streets in Chinatown, visited the Columbarium near Golden Gate Park, had hot drinks in Haight-Ashbury and built a bonfire on Ocean Beach. My mother and I have been walking around the Mission a lot, scaled the cliffs by Sutro Baths and took a walk around Land's End-- we hope to visit the Conservatory of Flowers and the Botanical Department at the Academy of Sciences on Tuesday. I found these pictures the other day at Community Thrift-- this couple is experiencing the quintessential gay holiday in San Francisco, and in such high fashion! I love these square format color pictures and wonder who these men are in their wide-collared shirts... but even more so I'm interested in who the photographers are-- random people chosen off the sidewalk to curate and capture the vacation of this posthumously happy couple.

No comments: