Monday, December 22, 2008

Tenth day of X-mas!

I accidentally deleted the picture for today, so this one is going to have to do, a picture I took last year in Ithaca during Christmas. Last night before going to bed I realized that now that my youngest brother, Den-Den, has finally outgrown me, I'm the smallest in our family, the first time since Will was born 20 years ago. I wish I could say I started on the epic to-do list I made a couple of days ago, but I've been mostly comatose under a heap of blankets since getting here, still recovering from my 16-hour pilgrimage. Tonight I have a date with my mom and some photo boxes to try to find a single picture with every single person in our family (all 5 of us, all 4 grandparents) although she has already wagered that one does not exist. I think I would like to make some drawings of these 9 people together, since I comprehend their relationship with one another so proximate which is, of course, an incredibly self-centered and entirely predictable understanding of the geometry of family.

No comments: