Monday, March 30, 2009

(por)traits

Not my picture, or even a good one-- but this is the research I've been doing today trying to figure out what these drawings of backdrop coloration are going to look like. I remember getting the order form during the first week of school and strategizing with Emma Baratta, Melanie Flynn and Katie McNally (we walked home together) over what backdrop each of us most identified with. We understood and were constantly reminded by our parents who paid for them and our teachers who oversaw them that these pictures would be published, making them permanent and how we would be remembered. Ultimately, my mother always checked the "Traditional Blue" box despite my excessive pleading. I'm painting these backgrounds on vertical ovals about the size of a human head-- essentially they will look like portraits of portrait backgrounds.

No comments: