Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrected!

Today was Easter and I spent it mostly on my own. Yesterday I biked to the beach and saw numerous families staging egg and basket hunts all up and down the Panhandle and Golden Gate Park. My own family never really celebrated Easter outdoors since New Jersey and upstate New York have notorious reputations of unpredictable April weather-- we were often stuck inside because of rain or even occasionally late-April snow! It was really nice to see so many families spending time outdoors together-- fresh faced and green thumbed like the couple in this photograph. I'm excited about getting some more outside time soon-- I'm suspicious that the dustiness of my studio has been making me sick. Spring is also the time for Spring Cleaning and I'm proud to report that this is one way I celebrated the Resurrection of Christ, and it felt wonderful. It was inspiring to look through my stuff and revisit memories, reevaluate projects, and get excited for new beginnings.

No comments: