Saturday, May 9, 2009

caps and gowns

Today the second year students are walking in a ceremony after which, sashed and flowered, they will be Masters of the Fine Arts. I'm so excited for them all and a little scared too-- today also marks the day where their debt will become a real thing instead of just a number in the distance. After a week of helping install their MFA show here on the SF campus I've been cloistering myself in my studio to pick up the projects I dropped. Check out this girl in the white robes! She's totally bomb with her matching white pumps and ironed hair. Unfortunately, when you graduate from art school you don't get to wear a flat-topped cap like this one, but a weird floppy velvet beret. I'm counting down the days until I get to wear this ridiculous symbol of art mastery.

No comments: