Wednesday, May 13, 2009

assessments


I got my written assessment from my advancement review and was really excited about how the committee recounted our conversation on paper. They recapped a few questions that we discussed that I hadn't entirely forgotten about but hadn't entirely remembered either, my favorite of which is "What does it mean to be nostalgic and still young?" They also expressed excitement about the book I'm writing, which encouraged me to think about starting that sometime soon. Other things we talked about wanting: more drawings of stains, more writing about art historical and critical context of my work, more quilting, more risks.

I like this picture a lot and keep pulling it out because it resembles so many of the pictures from when my family lived in 520 East Main Street, always the high wooden fence in the background and the unkempt grass creeping up around our ankles.

No comments: