Monday, February 8, 2010

How to remember where you've been.

The title of this posting is what I've decided to title the baby mountain. I was looking at this photograph and thinking about how, well, sort of boring it was. Then I noticed the enormous very very faded snow-capped mountain looming behind them and I realized that this photograph was actually attempting to capture a sort of magical moment... a moment totally lost to me from the lightfastlessness (is this a word?) of the photo paper and the total lack of contrast in some poorly exposed black and white photographs where color cannot imply borders between where things begin and end, in this case the silhouette of once what seemed like mountain majesty and now seems like nothing more than a inconsistency in photographic development.

No comments: