Tuesday, February 16, 2010

drawing therapy

Made a few drawings today, all sort of like this one. I've had a lot of contradicting advice given to me about my work this past week, about what's working or not working, about what to focus on, about what commands attention or not. I was thinking today that maybe I could start using the images of photographs in a similar way to my use of objects last year-- by rendering them realistically but changing them a little bi to make them something new. So I picked a few of my favorite photographs and drew them by breaking them out of their rectangular formats. It's going to take some troubleshooting because right now they dont really look that interesting-- this one, for example, looks sort of pathetic and purple... but I'm going to keep trying to make one a day until something starts to work.

No comments: