Tuesday, February 10, 2009

emergency exit

I messed around in my drawing practicum yesterday and started drawing textures from the pictures I took in Ithaca when I was home for Christmas. I'm exhausted today after almost pulling an all-nighter at the studio last night. I had gone home early and was in bed by 10, but was so sick and uncomfortable that I couldn't fall asleep. A couple of times I came close and actually started choking because my throat was so swollen that I couldn't breathe if my head wasn't propped just so. So at 11:30pm I got on my bicycle, biked to the grocery store and bought a gallon of orange juice and 3 cans of Chicken and Stars soup and returned to CCA. Surprisingly, I didn't even run out of steam until around 5:30am this morning-- got a lot of drawing done, listened to a lot of music and wrote a lot of emails I've been meaning to get around to. I fell asleep on a couch around 6:30am and woke up at 8:00am. I don't know why this posting has turned into such a confession/digression-- maybe to prove how tough I am? Really, I just want someone to be taking care of me.

No comments: