Sunday, September 28, 2008

The great wall of slides.

After arriving in San Francisco, I heard that the graduate gallery at CCA was putting together a show about collections, so I got in touch with the organizers and set up the slide wall that I spent so much time on in Portland, but have never installed anywhere. It looks great in the window, and the images project onto the facing wall into small pixelated squares of color. It's making me think about what I want to be the relationship I have with objects that I'm using-- should I be transforming their purpose/function, underlining their hidden narratives, contemplating their cultural/social significance? What's the most interesting, or more importantly, how can I do all of these things at the same time coherently? If you want to check it out, it'll be up at the Playspace, 1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA (Potrero Hill/SOMA neighborhood) through the end of the month.

No comments: