Tuesday, August 4, 2009

reintroductions

While I was gone the roof of my studio building was being repaired and rained down fiberglass particles all over everything-- a thin layer of black dust welcomed me back. But it was nice to spend the first day cleaning and reintroducing myself to projects I haven't seen for a month. Hello drawings of photographs, ruin and patterns. Hello epic quilting project. Hello rag interventions. Hello grandmother relics. Last night I went to Adrienne's house and saw the spaces she'd like my work to go for the show she's curating next month. I'm planning to finish three small text drawings about houses I grew up in like the one in these pictures, and then also one large watercolor of liberated linen patterns. The studio is clean and so are my deadlines so it's time to get going.

No comments: