Sunday, November 9, 2008

LA-dies

I went to Los Angeles for two days with the CCA MFA graduate class of 2010. Everything I knew about LA previous to going was pulled from my extensive research: the L Word, Clueless and Beverly Hills Cop. I was totally unprepared. We flew out Friday morning, went to all the MOMA's, a few galleries, Farmlab, the Museum of Jurassic Technology, LACE, etc... I have no idea why someone would ever want to live in LA-- I saw 3 bicycles the entire time I was there. I looked at a map with someone who knew what was going on and was shocked at the sprawl-- that city is going to kick itself in the ass someday for building with no sense of sustainability.

The trip was nice, but it's even nicer to be back and working again in the studio. I'm sad to have missed the SF Prop 8 rally on Friday-- I heard there were helicopters! Today I started some new tiny drawings of the backs of photos to get them out of my system. I got these pictures from Holly for my birthday this past summer along with a whole album of amazing lesbian softball pictures. Not LA lesbians, but my oh my, what style-- yeah ladies!

No comments: