Monday, March 22, 2010

the final return

It's Monday which means it's officially my last back-to-school experience (well, I suppose I shouldn't rule out another degree out entirely, but the end of my MFA escapades at least). I got this picture in Brooklyn for a buck-- god, why weren't plaid and starched collars cool when I was a young one? I was surprised by how few pictures were at the flea market, actually-- only one small showbox in a space as big as a soccer field. Where is all the paper ephemera in that giant city? I wonder if either NYC-area ephemera is highly valued and archived in libraries of its owners or if it isn't valued and people throw it away? It is really interesting how in some locales it's everywhere in thrift stores and in others it's just totally missing.

No comments: