Friday, January 20, 2012

circle, as in coming full

I finished this drawing a year ago but only just documented it last week. My days have felt very frenetic and busy, which is for the most part good but sometimes also make my brain feel like exploding.

I've been trying to figure out how to be more intentional and efficient with my time, a strategy which would optimally include time to be intentionally inefficient. Apparently that sort of time is pretty important. When I have a crazy day at work I come home and really don't want to do much of anything except maybe have people take care of me.... but! Sometimes, but only sometimes, if I build in some time to just totally veg out for about an hour I can get it back and actually make something of my evening.

I remember feeling a little bit like this last year this same time in 2011. I felt settled, but not in an entirely stable place. This was a very nervous feeling and recollecting that I felt this way a year again just makes me feel even more nervous. The beginning of a new year has a tendency to foster comparison with previous incarnations of self-- a sort of laughable comparison. Here's what I know: I am a year older than I was last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Blogging is a lost art.





.