Friday, September 11, 2009

small pink accidents

Some progress on a new drawing I've been working on this week. I had originally planned on there just being one intentional error interrupting the pattern... like one of the flowers drawn upside down. But then I executed a few totally unintentional accidents-- drawing one flower just totally in the wrong place and then smudging the paper by leaning too close with a paintbrush in my mouth. After some preliminary freaking out I entered Phase Two of problem-solving by revising the idea behind the drawing. So now instead of being a drawing about minute error it's one about migration and absence.

1 comment:

CassieMarie said...

I love this drawing. Those little tulips couldn't be any more perfect. They remind me of a turtleneck my mom had back in the 80's.